15 Jul Report SEC 10-K Instructions Overview As an analyst for a large U.S. multinational corporation, you are assi
Report SEC 10-K
As an analyst for a large U.S. multinational corporation, you are assigned to examine a possible acquisition candidate, completing an initial search and review. Your supervisor is a member of the Controller's team. The Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Your work may be presented to a variety of audiences, so professionalism is essential in all deliverables you create. As you are reviewing historical financial statements you cannot conclude if this company is a good investment.
- Select a publically traded company from the Fortune 500 list.
- The company must have Accounts Receivable and Inventory. You must select a retail or manufacturing company.
- You must research and secure the SEC 10-K Annual Report for the most recent year by visiting and searching the SEC EDGAR system. An alternative path to accessing and downloading the most current 10-K is through the company's Investor Relations webpage.
- Save the 10-K document to your computer for access. Please do not print this file as the report is usually 100 pages or more.
- Use the selected company in the discussion postings throughout the semester. The discussion questions are designed to help you build content for your report and presentation.
- Post the name of your desired company in the Week 1 SEC 10-K Project discussion for your instructor's approval. Your post must answer all parts of the discussion.
- Each student must select a different company, so read the company names selected by classmates. The company must be a publically traded company from the Fortune 500 list.
- Your report should comment on the financial statements for your company as they relate to the information presented through Week 5 material for this class, including the notes to the financial statements.
- Do not consider the material from Weeks 7 and 8 in your report.
- The report must be submitted after Week 5 material on Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
- Write a minimum of a 3-page ( a full-page typically has at least 500 words) report, single-spaced, one-inch margins, 12-point font, with a double space between paragraphs. This page requirement includes data visualization (charts and graphs) that you create.
- Page count does not include a title page, tables and exhibits, and reference list.
- Include a title page (include your name on the title page). The report must include headings such as Accounts Receivable and Inventory (topics from the textbook); other examples would be Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and the Statement of Shareholders' Equity.
- Include a brief introduction of your company as well as a conclusion/summary at the end. The majority of your report should include accounting topics in weeks one through five.
- You must include the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and the Statement of Shareholders' Equity in your report. You can copy directly from the SEC 10-K Report. The statements are not included in the page count.
- APA style is required for citations and a reference list. The report must include the reference list.
- Visit the Accounting Toolbox in the Course Content > Course Resources of the ACCT 221 LEO classroom. The Accounting Toolbox is a constant resource in our UMGC undergraduate accounting courses.
- Links and explanations to assist you with this report may appear in this resource.
- Additional guidance will be provided by your professor.
- You must comply with the UMGC Policy for Academic Integrity.
- Write your report, in your own words, using accounting words from our textbook and explaining how these relate to the financial statements of your company.
- The discussion postings throughout the semester should assist you in completing this report. However, do not copy and paste your discussion responses in your report.
- You must prepare a PowerPoint draft and post it to Peer-Review of SEC 10-K Project discussion.
- Once you have received feedback on your PowerPoint draft, make appropriate revisions, and submit the final version in the SEC 10-K PowerPoint Presentation assignment folder.
Submit only your SEC 10-K Power Point Presentation in this assignment folder.
- You are also required to prepare a brief PowerPoint file of no more than 10 slides (do not exceed) for the SEC-10K Report.
- Make sure you include a reference list in APA format.
- Post your PowerPoint file in the Week 6 discussion area to Peer Review of SEC 10K Project: Post Your Draft (REQUIRED posting) .
- You are required to post comments on the work of at least one other student who does not yet have comments so everyone has at least one set of comments.
- Do not wait until the last day to post your PowerPoint file so everyone has a chance to review the files!
- After you read the comments you may wish to make changes to your PowerPoint file.
- Submit the revised file in the SEC-10K PowerPoint Presentation assignment folder by the end of Week 7.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.