07 Jun Refer to the 8-puzzle problem described below. Suppose we want to add some knowledge to your blind search design to speed
- Refer to the 8-puzzle problem described below.
- Suppose we want to add some knowledge to your blind search design to speed it up.
- What knowledge/information/heuristics will you add? (I'm looking for a description of how you'll use outside knowledge of the problem to guide the search here.)
- What kind of improvement do you expect to have with your heuristic? (Less states searched? Better solution found? Something else?)
- How much improvement do you expect to have? A lot? A little? Why?
This assignment is intended to help you learn to solve a problem with Blind Search.
The "8-puzzle" (or "15-puzzle") is a "sliding tile" puzzle that you've probably seen one place or another. Here's the Wikipedia article on it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_puzzle).
Basically, you're given a 3×3 (or 4×4) grid of tiles, with tiles holding the numbers 1-8 (or 1-15), and one cell empty.
Please find the attachment for the initial and final states
A "move" is to move a tile above, below, to the left, or to the right of the blank into the empty space (which makes space previously holding the tile now empty).
- Suppose we want to develop an AI-based search system to solve the problem described above. Answer the following questions about the design of the solution:
- How will you represent a "state" in this system?
- How will you represent an action in this system? How does it generate a new state?
- What is the (worst-case) branching factor for your design?
- If we are using uninformed search to solve this, do you think Breadth-First Search or Depth-First Search will be better? Why? Is there anything you need to worry about?
- Submit your work by the due date.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.