15 Jul Although sustainable operations have many benefits for organizations, consumers, and society, they also come
Although sustainable operations have many benefits for organizations, consumers, and society, they also come with many business risks. In this discussion, you will explore sustainability operations of major organizations to reflect on what they are doing well, the benefits their sustainable operations may bring, and the potential risks associated with their sustainable operations. In evaluating the risks and benefits of prioritizing sustainability, you will also learn the importance of justifying organizational priorities, which will assist you in completing the first section of your course project.
First, take some time to explore a few different organizations’ sustainable operations statements on their websites. You may explore organizations you are familiar with or use the following:
- Starbucks Stories (https://stories.starbucks.com/)
- L’Oréal Group: Commitments and Responsibilities (https://www.loreal.com/en/commitments-and-responsibilities/)
- Dixie Cares: An Eye Toward the Future (https://www.dixie.com/sustainability?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Cups%20-%20Non%20Brand%20-%20Sustainability%20-%20BMM&utm_term=%20sustainable%20%20companies&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjpD5zaHD6gIVIgiICR0PkgjPEAAYASAAEgLTzPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)
- Peabody: Sustainability Approach (https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Sustainability/Sustainability-Approach)
In your initial post, address the following questions:
- How did the organizations you explored address sustainability concerns inherent to their industry, if at all?
- For example, a company that manufactures plastic has inherent environmental risks regarding plastic waste and pollution.
- What other sustainable practices did the organizations you explored identify as priorities, and what kinds of business risks may they be taking on to prioritize those sustainable practices?
- Do you think that the business risks the organizations are taking to prioritize their identified sustainable operations are worthwhile from a business perspective? Why or why not?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.