03 Jun 300-500 word count? Use 3 of the 6 resources attached.? If it?s on the Internet, it Must Be True, Right? U
300-500 word count
Use 3 of the 6 resources attached.
If it’s on the Internet, it Must Be True, Right? Using Critical Thinking to Debunk the Junk.
Over the past few years, social media sites have been filled with “research” on everything, from claims that miracle diets are “scientifically proven effective” to articles on the existence (or not) of global warming, and everything in between. Currently, we are overwhelmed with information surrounding COVID-19: masks are useless/masks are essential; send students to school/virtual learning is the best option; this drug is effective/it causes heart attacks; the list goes on and on. How do we figure out what information is accurate, and what is junk?
For this assignment you will practice critical thinking skills to evaluate “rumors” currently circulating on the internet. Are they true or just fake news?
This assignment fulfills/supports:
- Module Outcome:
- Course Outcome:
- General Education Competencies:
For this assignment, complete the following steps:
Carefully read “1.11 A Psychologist’s Skill Set: Information Literacy- How Do You Know?” beginning on page 46 of your textbook.
Choose ONE of the following urban legends/rumors/myths:
- “Who Are ‘America’s Frontline Doctors’ and Dr. Stella Immanuel?” https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/07/30/americas-frontline-doctors/ (opens in a new window)
- “Was a Homeless Couple Found Living in a Walmart Attic?” https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/walmart-attic-homeless-people/ (opens in a new window)
- “Does a New Facebook Algorithm Only Show You 26 Friends?” https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/new-facebook-algorithm-26-friends/ (opens in a new window)
In your initial post, explain how you would debunk the legend/rumor/myth you chose. Your post must include the following:
- Use at least 3 of the 6 suggestions from section 1.11 in your textbook. In your initial post, refer to the suggestions by their number in the textbook (Suggestion 2, Suggestion 5, etc.) and explain how each suggestion helped you determine if the information in your legend/rumor/myth was dubious or even totally false.
- Your initial post should contain an introductory paragraph, at least three paragraphs explaining how the suggestions you chose from your textbook helped you determine the validity of the information in your chosen rumor/legend/myth (at least one paragraph for each suggestion) and a closing paragraph.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.